If I’ve to choose between IOS or Android, I’ll definitely go with Android due to its collection of Apps, less restriction policy and affordability. With tons of Apps, Google Play Store is the biggest source of mobile Applications. Way more flexible and easy to use. This is not the case with Apple App store. To extend the flexible legacy of Android, here I’ve created a list of best emulators for using Android Apps on PC.
From Gaming to chatting, literally any stuff which runs on Mobile could be used seamlessly on Windows and MAC PC. WhatsApp, Snapchat, Viber, Clash Of Clans, Asphault, and lot more to come. These were the few apps which I usually emulate on regular basis. I love playing COC 😀
You might be familiar with few of these but most of these are fresh and are not popular as Bluestacks. Get ready with List of Best 7 emulators to start with. You’ll be finding Bluestacks alternatives too.
Usually emulators are resource intensive software which consumes lots of resources. If you have ever used emulator then you can relate with it. I Insist to have good configured PC for using these list of Emulators.
1. Bluestacks : Every time we need Android App on PC, we search for Bluestacks. Undoubtedly, it is the best emulator to run Android Apps on PC. Using Windows or MAC, all you need to download software and start emulating Apps. Simple user interface and robust mechanism will give you best experience ever.
One thing always bothers me is high resource consumption. You need at least 2 GB of RAM and Dual core processor to fight and satisfy its hunger for CPU resources.
- Google Play store support.
- Available for Windows and MAC platform.
- Smooth experience with simple user Interface.
Bluestack Alternatives | Android Emulators
2. Andyroid : Andy-The Android Emulator is the best alternative of Bluestacks. Packed with awesome features and great user Interface, Andy is best emulator to run Android Apps on Windows and MAC PC. Andy breaks the barrier of PC and mobile computing and let you emulate popular Android Apps. Using Andy is similar to using smart phone on PC. Few feature you must check are :
- Install as many Apps you like, no tension of memory limit.
- Use mobile device as a gaming controller. Every gamer will surely love this.
- Support Google play store. Direct App installation is easy now.
- Available for Windows and MAC.
3. Youwave : Earlier it was paid software but not now anymore. Yes Youwave home version is moved to free version and could be downloaded from official website. Earlier emulator was paid and could be used for 10 days trial period only. Free copy support Android 4.0.4 ICS and paid is upgraded to 5.1.1 Lollipop. Free version is sufficient to run basic Android Apps. Premium copy is for $ 29.99. Features to look for :
- Runs on Windows XP/Vista/7, 32/64 bit.
- Supports Android 4.0.4 and 5.1.1.
- Multiplayer online gaming.
- Volume control button.
4. Genymotion : More useful for developer than average Android user, Genymotion is powerful emulator to run and test Android Apps on PC. Advanced features like GPS, battery, Screencast, SMS emulation and plugins support for Android studio and eclipse is for development purpose only. Do prefer this tool if you need to carry out some serious test for one of your App.
- Support Windows and MAC.
- Command Line Tool and Java API.
- Easy to develop and test.
- Free and Paid Version.
5. Droid4x : Light weight and superfast, this is whats Droid4x is for me. You can emulate App easily on your Windows and MAC. Droid4X simulator is the ideal simulation of the original Android system. You need to download simulator and start using Apps directly from play store. It comes with pre-rooted functionality which I think is good for using rooted apps.
- Good alternative of Bluestacks.
- Pre-rooted with Play Store Support.
- Mobile controller for playing PC games.
6. Windroy : Another Alternative for Bluestacks. Windroy is Android emulator for Windows PC. It’s good for developer tool for testing Apps and for users who wants to view how Android works on PC. It supports Ethernet and PPPoE such that one can access internet on emulator itself.
7. Android For PC : Title is more descriptive than any other emulator name. This software allows to use mobile operating system on PC. As Android is free to use and widely popular among users across the world, then why not to use it on PC. Android for PC lets you download and Play Apps on windows PC only. It could be used as an alternative option for other emulators but installation process looks cumbersome. You can find more detail on home page.
So finally list comes to end now. These were 7 emulators to run Android Apps on Windows and MAC. If you wish to run Apps on PC/laptops then pick the right one and start emulating Apps directly from Google Play Store.
In case of any query feel free to ask via comment section. And don’t forget to share on social platforms 😀